At Cilantro, our approach to data and privacy aligns with our overall philosophy: placing individuals first.
As part of our effort to protect your privacy and to comply with applicable privacy and data protection laws, we strive to consider all of our data governance practices through the lens of the recognized principles of data minimization, limited collection, and limited use, among other key areas addressed below. We do so to respect and maintain your trust. In other words, we believe that taking care of you includes taking care of your data and privacy. Grab a cup of coffee and learn more below.
Cilantro Privacy Notice
Last Revised: June 21, 2023
This Cilantro Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information that Cilantro and Delicious Inc’s respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies (“Cilantro,” “we,” and “us”) collect, how we use it, how and when it may be shared and the rights and choices you have with respect to your information. It also explains how we communicate with you and how you can make requests or submit inquiries to us about your information. Our goal is to help you understand how we use your information to improve our products, services, marketing, and interactions with you, as part of our commitment to maintaining your trust. Thank you for taking the time to read and understand our data and privacy-related practices.
You may skip to the specific sections of our Privacy Notice by selecting any of the sections listed below.
- Applicability and Scope
- Updates to this Privacy Notice
- Information We Collect
- Sources of Information
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Disclose Your Information
- Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
- How We Protect Your Information
- Cilantro Loyalty Program
- Cilantro Wi-Fi
- Your Choices & Rights
- Contact Us
Applicability and Scope
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) applies to the websites located at https://cilantro.cafe/, the Cilantro Mobile Application available on Apple Store & Google Play Store (“Cilantro”), when you visit our stores, and through any other websites or applications owned and operated by Cilantro or products that direct the viewer or user to this Notice (“Cilantro Services”).
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Notice from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to this Notice and will update the Last Revised date on this Notice. We encourage you to look for updates and changes to this Notice when you access our websites and mobile applications.
Information We Collect
When you visit and use the Cilantro Services, we collect the following categories of information:
- Identifiers – We collect information that can be used to identify you, such as your first and last name, phone number, your address book, username and password, email address, postal address, IP address, day and month of your birthday, and demographic information (such as gender).
- Financial Information – We may also collect information such as your credit card and debit card information, telephone number, and name.
- Commercial Information – We may collect information about your transactions in our stores, on our websites, or via our Cilantro App including what products you purchase, how frequently you purchase them, any Rewards, Cashback, or promotions associated with a purchase, and the products and branches you have placed in your Favorites.
- Electronic Network Activity Information – We collect information related to your electronic network activity, such as your browsing history, information about how you use the Cilantro Services, and information about your device.
- Geolocation Information – We may collect information about the location of your device, such as information derived from your device (e.g., based on a browser or device’s IP address). We may also use location-based technology in our retail locations, to collect information about the presence of your device, if your Bluetooth is turned on and your device settings allow for this.
- Audio and Visual Information – We may collect audio and visual information when you use the Cilantro Services. For example, closed circuit video surveillance cameras (“CCTV”) may be installed at some of our stores to monitor building security and assist in crime prevention, detection, and investigation, and to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors to our facilities, and these CCTV cameras may collect audio, visual, and similar information. Also, depending on your choices, we may collect Face ID info when you sign up to allow you to log in faster next time.
- Inferences – We may also collect inferences drawn from the other information described above.
Additionally, depending on how you use the Cilantro Services, we may collect the following categories of sensitive personal information from you:
- Precise Geolocation Information – We may collect information about the precise location of your device (e.g., GPS latitude and longitude), consistent with your device settings. We may also use location-based technology in our stores, to collect information about the presence of your device, if your Bluetooth is turned on and your device settings allow for this. We may collect this location information or derive it from your GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, or other location-based technology for purposes of facilitating our services, such as to provide you with information about stores near you, to enable you to remotely order and pay for our products and services, or so that you may have certain Cilantro products delivered to you by a third-party vendor.
We may aggregate or de-identify the information described above. Aggregated or de-identified data that we do not attempt to reidentify is not subject to this Privacy Notice.
Without this information, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
Sources of Information
Furthermore, apart from the data we obtain directly from you, we also obtain the aforementioned types of data from alternate sources. These sources include other individuals utilizing Cilantro Services (for instance, when they buy a gift for you), advertising partners, co-sponsors, internet service providers, data analytics providers, operating systems and platforms, social networks, and publicly accessible sources. To illustrate, if you utilize Cilantro Services to access social media or similar platforms for logging in or sharing details about your Cilantro Services experience with others, we may gather information from these third-party services.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for business purposes, including to provide the products and services you request, to perform customer service functions, for security and fraud prevention, for marketing and promotional purposes, and to perform website and mobile application analytics. We may use the information we collect about you to:
(a) To Provide Our Services – In order to offer our services, we might process your data while you utilize the Cilantro Services. This includes the following actions:
- Processing or completing orders and transactions;
- Maintaining and servicing accounts;
- Supporting and enhancing our loyalty programs;
- Debugging to detect and fix errors that hinder current functionality;
- Facilitating the operation of our websites and mobile applications;
- Processing payments;
- Tailoring experiences and personalization when you are near or inside our stores, provided that you have granted permission for location sharing.
(b) To Communicate With You – We collect specific information to establish communication with you regarding your accounts, our services, marketing activities, and your inquiries. This includes:
- Corresponding with you about orders, purchases, returns, services, accounts, programs, and contests;
- Sending you personalized promotions, content, and exclusive offers;
- Informing you about our brands, products, events, and other promotional endeavors;
- Adhering to your communication preferences;
- Furnishing crucial product safety information and notifying you of product recalls;
(c) For Research, Development, and Improvement of Our Services – In order to enhance and enlarge our range of services, we aim to continuously improve our website, mobile apps, and overall offerings to exceed your expectations. To achieve this, we may handle specific personal data for the following purposes:
- Enhancing, analyzing, and maintaining our websites, mobile apps, advertisements, and the products and services we provide;
- Safeguarding the security and integrity of Cilantro Services by detecting, preventing, or investigating any suspicious activities or fraudulent actions.
(d) To Enforce our Terms, Agreements, or Policies – In order to uphold a secure and trusted setting for your usage of our websites, mobile apps, and other services, we utilize your personal data to enforce our terms, policies, and agreements with you and any external parties.
(e) To Comply with Applicable Laws – We may be required to process certain information under certain laws and regulations, such as tax laws, as well as to:
- maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes; and
- comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations, and respond to lawful governmental requests, as needed.
(f) Targeted Advertising – We may process your information to provide you with targeted advertising (also known as cross-contextual advertising and online behavioral advertising) and offers and tailored promotions that you may be interested in.
(g) With Your Consent – We may process certain information in order to fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with your consent.
How We Disclose Your Information
We disclose your information as needed to fulfill the purposes described in this Notice and as permitted by applicable law.
(a) When We Work Together – We may share information between and among Cilantro and Delicious Inc, its subsidiaries, and affiliated companies for purposes of management and analysis, decision-making, and other business purposes. For example, we may share your information with our subsidiaries and affiliated companies to administer our loyalty programs, process orders, and requests, and expand and promote our product and service offerings.
(b) When We Work with Service Providers & Business Partners – We may disclose various types of information, including identifiers, commercial data, electronic and network activity, geolocation data, precise geolocation details, audio and visual information, and inferences, as explained earlier, for multiple business objectives. These may include payment handling, hosting websites and data, mapping locations, delivering products and services, providing customer support, conducting advertising and marketing activities (such as tracking ad views, ensuring compliance with industry standards, personalization, analytics services, security and performance monitoring), managing and servicing accounts, processing orders and transactions, verifying customer details, conducting research and audits, and performing data processing tasks. We make efforts to enforce contractual restrictions on these service providers and business partners, preventing them from retaining, utilizing, or revealing your confidential personal information for any purpose other than fulfilling the agreed-upon services they provide to us.
(c) When We Work on Business Transactions – If we become involved with a merger, corporate transaction or another situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may share your information with business entities or people involved in the negotiation or transfer.
(d) When Sharing Helps Us Protect Safety and Lawful Interests – We may disclose your information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, if we believe that the disclosure is necessary to enforce our agreements or policies, or if we believe that the disclosure will help us protect the rights, property, safety of Cilantro or our customers or partners.
(e) When You Give Consent – We retain the possibility to disclose your information to other companies once we obtain your consent or if you instruct us to do so.
(f) When You Post on Our Websites – If you post information on a blog or another part of our websites or social media channels, the information that you post may be seen by other visitors to our websites. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these public areas.
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Similar Technologies
- Cookies – Cookies are small data files that are sent from a website’s server and are stored on your device’s hard drive either for only the duration of your visit (“session cookies”) or for a fixed period (“persistent cookies”). Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server.
You may be able to reject cookies, web beacons, entity tags, and HTML5 local storage by adjusting the appropriate settings in your browser. Each browser is different, but many browsers have preferences or options that may be adjusted to allow you to either accept or reject cookies and certain other technologies before they are set or installed or allow you to remove or reject the use or installation of certain technologies altogether. If you want to learn the correct way to modify your browser settings, please use the Help menu in your browser or review the instructions provided by the following browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari Desktop, Safari Mobile; and Android browser.
- Interest-Based Ads – Many advertising companies that collect information for interest-based advertising are members of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) or the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI), both of which maintain websites where people can opt out of interest-based advertising from their members. To opt-out of website interest-based advertising provided by each organization’s respective participating companies, visit the DAA’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.aboutads.info/, or visit the NAI’s opt-out portal available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
Adobe Flash Player Technology – We allow Adobe to set and enable special cookies that are necessary to deliver video content for Adobe Flash Player. You cannot remove Flash cookies simply by changing your browser settings. If you would like to limit the websites that can store information in Flash cookies on your device, you must visit the Adobe website:
- Web Beacons – Web beacons are small, transparent images that are embedded in web pages, applications, and emails that are sometimes called “clear gifs,” “single pixel gifs”, “page tags” or “web bugs.” We use web beacons to track the web pages you visit, to test the effectiveness of our marketing, and to find out if an email has been opened and acted on.
- Entity Tags -- Entity Tags are HTTP code mechanisms that allow portions of websites to be stored or “cached” within your browser and validate these caches when the website is opened, accelerating website performance since the web server does not need to send a full response if the content has not changed.
- HTML5 Local Storage – HTML5 local storage allows data from websites to be stored or “cached” within your browser to store and retrieve data in HTML5 pages when the website is revisited. These and similar technologies are used for the following purposes:
- Services and Functionality – Certain technologies are necessary for enabling your access and usage of our websites or mobile apps and the diverse services and features we provide. Devoid of these technologies, several services and features on our websites and mobile apps would not function correctly.
- Performance Monitoring – Certain technologies assist us in analyzing and approximating traffic while evaluating the extent of usage of services and features on websites and mobile apps. They provide insights into the interactions between visitors and customers on our digital platforms, the presence of any errors, the frequency of access to specific web pages, applications, services, or features, and their overall performance. It is important to note that when these technologies are utilized for performance monitoring, they do not gather any personally identifiable information such as your name, email address, or phone number.
- User Convenience – Certain technologies improve the user-friendliness of our websites and mobile apps, enhancing the speed of loading and refreshing, and retaining data you've previously provided during your visits or when utilizing our services and features.
- Marketing – Certain technologies are employed to customize your browsing experience on our website, within our mobile apps, or across your apps or devices. These technologies regulate the display of promotions, advertisements, and other marketing communications that may be visible when you interact with or utilize these digital properties or other similar platforms.
In combination, these technologies assist us in understanding the services and features you utilize and the manner in which you access information pertaining to us. This data may be employed to customize your website visit or mobile application usage, as well as to provide you with pertinent promotions and advertisements.
How We Protect Your Information
Cilantro employs practical measures in the realms of technology, physicality, and administration to minimize the likelihood of information loss, misuse, unauthorized entry, exposure, or alteration. Nevertheless, no security arrangement is flawless, and considering the fundamental nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure that data, including personal details, is entirely invulnerable to unauthorized intrusion or access by external parties. It is your duty to safeguard your password(s) and uphold the security of your devices.
Cilantro retains data in a manner that is reasonable and proportionates to achieve the purposes stated in this Notice. Factors such as the duration required to provide our services to you, and compliance with legal obligations (including record retention, dispute resolution, and contract enforcement), influence the retention of your information. Our adherence to applicable laws guides the retention of your information.
The personal information you provide to us is stored and processed on servers owned by Cilantro and other organizations in various locations, such as India, United States, Canada, or other countries outside the country or your place of residence. Irrespective of the entity or location responsible for processing your information, we will implement appropriate safeguards in accordance with relevant data protection laws and this Notice to ensure the secure transfer and protection of your information.
- Children’s Privacy
Cilantro Loyalty Program
If you would like to become a Cilantro Loyalty Program Member, please see Cilantro App Terms & Conditions.
Your Choices & Rights
(a) Your Choices
- Location Services – In order to use certain Cilantro Services, such as app order ahead and pay and location-based services and technology, you must either (a) enable “location services” in the Cilantro App; and/or (b) set the permissions in your mobile device to allow communication of this information.
Enabling location sharing permits your device to establish communication with us, facilitating a personalized experience within and near Cilantro establishments. It also enables us to evaluate the impact of our promotional endeavors, deliver targeted messages according to your temporal and spatial preferences, and regulate the frequency of promotional messages and offers you encounter. Exact geolocation may be employed to fulfill the services and functionalities you opt for within applications. You hold the ability to oversee the utilization of this personal data by accessing your device settings at any given moment.
To prevent the gathering of geolocation data on your mobile device, you can deactivate location services. If you need assistance in safeguarding your geolocation from being collected by Cilantro, it is advised to reach out to your mobile device service provider or the manufacturer. Keep in mind that certain functionalities of the Cilantro App and some Cilantro Services might not function correctly without access to your location. Whenever desired, you can reactivate geolocation data collection by enabling location services on your device.
- Email Communications, Push Notifications, and In-App Messages – Cilantro App gives you the option to customize your preferences for receiving promotional emails, push notifications, and inbox messages. It's important to know that you can always choose to stop receiving email communications by modifying your settings in your Cilantro online account or selecting the "unsubscribe" link in any commercial email we send you.
If you use the Cilantro App features described above, you consent to the transmission of your user information to Cilantro and/or its agents, and authorize Cilantro and/or its agents, to record, process, and store such user information as necessary for administering the Cilantro App features and for purposes described in this Notice.
(b) Your Rights
Depending on where you live, you may be entitled to certain rights with respect to your personal information, as described below.
- Right, to Know – You may have the right to know what personal information that has been gathered about you, which includes the classifications of personal information, the sources from which it is obtained, the purposes for which it is collected, sold, or shared, and the other parties to whom we reveal it.
- Access and Data Portability – Subject to certain exceptions, you may have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we collected about you during the 12 months before your request.
- Deletion – You have the right to request that we delete information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions.
- Correct Inaccurate Information – You may have the right to request that we correct inaccuracies in the personal information we maintain about you. You may also correct information about yourself for Cilantro Rewards Program in the Cilantro App.
- Targeted Advertising – We refrain from exchanging your data for money or any valuable benefits. You possess the option to decline the sharing of your personal information for the intent of targeted advertisements.
- Sensitive Information – Companies who collect, use, and disclose your sensitive personal information for purposes other than to provide you with goods or services are required to provide you with the right to limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information by providing a “Limit the Use and Disclosure of My Sensitive Personal Information” link. Cilantro only collects, uses, and discloses your sensitive personal information to provide services to you, therefore Cilantro is not required to provide this link.
- Opt-Out Preference Signals – Some web browsers allow consumers to automatically exercise their right to opt-out of sale/sharing with all businesses they interact with online by initiating an opt-out preference signal. We will honor such opt-out preference signals.
(c) Notice of Financial Incentive – Cilantro Rewards Program acts as a means for Cilantro to acknowledge and express gratitude to dedicated customers who support our business and purchase Cilantro products. By joining our Cilantro App, members can earn and accumulate "Beans" that can be redeemed either as Rewards on our App's Rewards page or as cashback during subsequent orders. Cilantro responsibly gathers and utilizes the aforementioned personal information, including the data you willingly provide (such as your name and email address), automatically collected information, and data from other sources, to operate the Cilantro Rewards Program. This includes sending you promotions, content, special offers, and other purposes outlined in this Notice. Details on the business partners we share your information with can be found above. Cilantro does not assign a monetary value to the data collected through the Cilantro Rewards Program when sending email communications. You have the freedom to unsubscribe from receiving commercial emails at any time by adjusting your Cilantro account settings or by utilizing the "unsubscribe" link in any commercial email we send you. Participation in the Cilantro Loyalty Program is voluntary, and you can choose to withdraw from the program by deleting your account in the Cilantro App or by reaching out to Cilantro customer service. Based on our reasonable and sincere estimation, we derive value from the Cilantro Loyalty Program through enhanced customer loyalty and patronage, although the extent of value will differ among members depending on their purchases, utilized offers, and various other factors.
In certain situations, Cilantro may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Feel free to inquire, provide input, or express any privacy-related inquiries or apprehensions. You can contact Cilantro Customer Service online via our Social Media Channels (Instagram or Facebook) or via email email@example.com or by phone at +201201200061.