App Terms & conditions
Cilantro App Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our application. By accessing or using any part of Cilantro’s Application, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. You acknowledge that you understand these Terms and that they affect your rights and liabilities.
- eliminate your right to a trial by jury; and
- substantially affect your rights, including preventing you from bringing, joining or participating in class or consolidated proceedings.
- ADDITIONAL TERMS
- CHANGES TO TERMS
- PERSONAL USE
- ABOUT Cilantro Rewards Program
- JOINING Cilantro Rewards Program
- EARNING BEANS
- EXCLUSIONS TO EARNING BEANS;
- BEAN EXPIRATION
- REDEEMING BEANS FOR REWARDS OR CASH
- BEAN REDEMPTION AVAILABILITY MAY VARY;
- OTHER IMPORTANT BEAN REDEMPTION INFORMATION AND EXCLUSIONS
- ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF Cilantro Rewards Program REWARDS
- OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
- GOVERNING LAW
CHANGES TO TERMS
ABOUT Cilantro Rewards Program
The Cilantro Rewards Program serves as a means for Cilantro to express appreciation and acknowledge the loyalty of our esteemed clientele who support our enterprise and make purchases of Cilantro's products through our dedicated Cilantro app. The members of the Cilantro Rewards Program have the opportunity to earn "Beans," which can be exchanged for cashback rewards applicable to their future orders. Regrettably, the redemption of cashback rewards is restricted to the current balance of acquired Beans, thereby prohibiting members from redeeming cashback rewards when placing orders featuring special offers, combinations (combos), or applied promotional codes. In addition, members will not accrue Beans when redeeming any of their existing beans for an order.
JOINING Cilantro Rewards Program
To join Cilantro Rewards Program, download Cilantro’s mobile app (“Cilantro”) from the Apple Store or Google Play Store and follow the prompts to create an account. You will be required to provide the following information:
- First and last name, email address and password.
- Birthday (year, month, day) . Please note that once you create your account your Birthday Information will no longer be editable. If you do not provide birthday information you will not receive any Birthday Rewards or any Birthday Offers/Double Beans that we decide to issue to celebrate your special occasion.
The Rewards & Cashback that are available to you through Cilantro’s Rewards are based on the number of Beans that you currently have. You can earn Beans by making purchases on Cilantro’s app in the following ways:
- Paying for your purchase. When you order through Cilantro’s App, you will earn 1 Bean for every EGP 1 (one) Egyptian Pound you spend at Cilantro’s Branches whether you pay in cash or using your credit card. Cilantro may add or remove available payment methods at any time at its sole discretion.
- Promotional Bonus Beans Offers. From time to time, we may offer you opportunities to earn additional "Bonus Beans" through special promotions. These promotional Bonus Beans will be awarded as described in the applicable promotional offer and will be subject to any additional terms set forth in such promotional offer.
EXCLUSIONS TO EARNING BEANS;
You may not earn Beans on Taxes, tips, donations, and fees, including without limitation, shipping and handling fees, gift-wrapping fees, delivery fees, and bag fees, also may be excluded and ineligible for Beans accrual. We regretfully inform you that cashback rewards can only be redeemed using your current balance of Beans. Members will not be able to redeem cashback rewards while placing orders that include special offers, combinations, or applied promotional codes. Furthermore, members will not earn Beans when redeeming any of their existing beans.
Your Bean balance may be impacted by returns as follows:
- If you void a purchase, Cilantro will deduct the Beans that you earned for that purchase, potentially resulting in a negative Bean balance on your account.
- If you return merchandise, packaged coffee, food or tea that you purchased via Cilantro’s App (note: an original receipt is required), your funds will be returned to you if this complies with Cilantro’s Return Policy, but Cilantro will deduct the Beans you earned on that respective order from your account potentially resulting in a negative Bean balance. You may be required to provide the physical credit card, debit card, or mobile wallet in order for Cilantro to process the refund.
Unless otherwise noted, Beans are automatically added to your account within twenty-four (24) hours of your eligible purchase and expire twelve (12) months after the calendar month in which such Beans were earned. For example, if you earn Beans on December 13, 2023, they will expire on December 1, 2024. The oldest accrued Beans will be used first for redemptions. You can view and track your Bean balance and available Rewards, as well as any additional benefits for which you are eligible as a Cilantro Rewards Program Member by using the App.
REDEEMING BEANS FOR REWARDS OR CASH
Beans may be redeemed for complimentary Cilantro items through our App’s Rewards page depending on your current bean balance. Not only that, Cilantro App Users can utilize their existing beans for the equivalent cashback amount during checkout provided that the number of beans they choose to utilize does not exceed their current bean balance. Note that members cannot earn beans neither on any order where they will be redeeming beans nor on any orders that include offers, combos or applied promocodes. Rewards available and Bean redemption tiers may vary by location and by country, and Cilantro may adjust the Rewards offered in the Rewards page, the perks included in each tier & the applied cashback ratio at any time in its sole discretion.
BEAN REDEMPTION AVAILABILITY MAY VARY;
The items available for redemption in each Cilantro Rewards Program Tier may vary.
OTHER IMPORTANT BEAN REDEMPTION INFORMATION AND EXCLUSIONS
Beans may be redeemed at participating Cilantro stores and are ineligible to be redeemed for the following items: offers and combos.
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF Cilantro Rewards Program REWARDS
As a Cilantro Rewards Program Member, you may be eligible for the following additional benefits.:
- Birthday Reward. On your birthday (as indicated in your Cilantro App account), you may receive a "Birthday Reward" depending on your current tier. Your Birthday Reward may be redeemed at participating Cilantro stores only and excludes: offers, combos. and any order with an applied promocode. To qualify for your Birthday Reward, you must join Cilantro Rewards Program at least seven (7) days prior to your birthday, provide your birthday in your account information, and make at least one Bean-earning transaction prior to your birthday each year. Your Birthday Reward will be automatically added to your account on your birthday and is valid only on that date. You can only redeem your Birthday Reward by ordering through Cilantro’s App.
- Early or extended access to certain promotions and offers. Cilantro may offer Cilantro Rewards Program members early or extended access to special menu items or discounts at participating stores. You may take part in these offers by ordering exclusively through Cilantro’s app.
- Personalized offers and coupons. Special offers may be distributed by email, through the App (including via push notifications), or by physical mail. You may be required to opt-in and activate special offers via the App or via email. In order to receive and activate personalized special offers distributed via email, you must opt-in to receive promotional and marketing offers from Cilantro and you may be required to provide a valid email, telephone, and physical address. Special offers may be customized based on your purchase behaviors and preferences and may include periodic discounts on food, beverages, and merchandise, or the opportunity to earn Bonus or Double Beans. Special offers may have certain restrictions, including expiration dates and short, time-limited redemption periods. Special offers are personal to you and cannot be shared, copied or transferred. Read each offer carefully for specific details, expiration dates, and limitations and restrictions.
- Double Beans Day. Cilantro may offer Double Bean Days or Hours, where you can earn twice the number of Beans for your purchase. Cilantro will notify you of a designated Double Bean Day, which will be personalized and selected by Cilantro for you. You must download the Cilantro app & opt-in to receive promotional and marketing emails from Cilantro in order to receive notice of a designated Double Bean Day. You also may be required to "activate" your Double Bean Day by clicking on the notification email or the notification within the App. Cilantro reserves the right to exclude certain products and merchandise from Double Bean Day eligibility and to modify the Double Bean Day benefit.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
There are no participation or membership fees associated with Cilantro Rewards Program. Beans accrued in connection with Cilantro Loyalty Scheme are promotional, have no cash value, and cannot be redeemed for cash. In addition, your redemption of Beans accrued in connection with the Cilantro Rewards Program cannot be combined with any other offers or discounts, unless otherwise expressly indicated by Cilantro.
Your Beans, Rewards, and Cilantro App Rewards Program account are personal to you and may not be sold, transferred or assigned to, or shared with, family, friends, or others, or used by you for any commercial purpose. You may have only one (1) Cilantro App Rewards Program account that is personal to you.
Without notice to you, Cilantro also reserves the right to "unregister" and make ineligible for Cilantro App Rewards Program any Cilantro App account that has been inactive for two (2) consecutive years. Inactivity is defined as no Beans earned during such two (2) consecutive year period. In the event that your Cilantro App account is unregistered or rendered inactive, all accrued Beans in your account are void.
Cilantro reserves the right to change, modify, discontinue, or cancel the Cilantro App Rewards Program or any part of the Cilantro App Rewards Program, at any time and in its sole discretion, without notice to you.
Arbitration Procedures. For all disputes, whether pursued in court or arbitration, you must first send a written description of your claim to our Customer Service department to allow us an opportunity to resolve the dispute. You and we each agree to negotiate your claim in good faith. You may request arbitration if your claim or dispute cannot be resolved within 60 days.
Costs of Arbitration. Upon the filing of the arbitration demand, we will pay all filing, administration, and arbitrator fees other than the initial filing fee. Each party will bear the fees and expense of its own attorneys, experts, witnesses, and preparation and presentation of evidence at the arbitration. Except for claims determined to be frivolous, we agree not to seek an award of attorney’s fees in arbitration even if an award is otherwise available under applicable law.
Class Action Waiver and Jury Waiver. You and we each agree that any proceeding, whether in arbitration or in court, will be conducted only on an individual basis and not in a class, consolidated or representative action. If a court or arbitrator determines in an action between you and us that this class action waiver is unenforceable, the arbitration agreement will be void to you. If for any reason a claim proceeds in court rather than through arbitration, you and we each waive any right to a jury trial.